Border Regional Library Board Meeting
December 10, 2018, 6:00 pm
Present: Mark Humphries, Denis Lachapelle, Cheryl Kleemola, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Denise Mayo, Tina Williams, Janice Barrate
Regrets: Karel Munchinski
- Call to Order: J. Barrate called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm. Introductions were made.
- Adoption of Agenda
Motion: To adopt the agenda as presented. D. Mayo, T. Williams. Carried.
- Minutes of October meeting
Motion: To accept the minutes of the October 15, 2018 meeting as presented. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Accounts Payable (October and November)
Motion: To approve the accounts payable for October 2018, cheques numbered 1561A to 1585A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $25,236.85; and for November 2018, cheques numbered 1586A to1607A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $19,743.59. C. Kleemola, D. Lachapelle. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations for October and November
- VISA statement – tabled to January
- Projected Year End Report
- RM of Ellice Archie: letter of appointments for D. Byers and C. Kleemola.
- Employment and Social Development Canada: received 2000 bookmarks
- United Empire Loyalists: provided informational posters for branches.
- Virden Empire-Advance: notice of a 2% increase in advertising rates.
- Manitoba Library Association (MLA): sent letter to Minister Cox regarding the longstanding per capita levy from the province ($8.50). There is concern that the review of the public library system has not been shared.
- Wildcards: received 10,000 bookmarks (Drink Sensibly) and $25 to distribute them; 3000 more bookmarks.
- Canadian Research Knowledge Network: as of January 1, 2019, public libraries will be able to access free information from Canadian Documentary Heritage.
- Town of Virden: letter of appointments for K. Munchinski and T. Williams (alternate).
- Charlene Dysart, Municipal Consultant: informed BRL that there isn’t a grant to be used for an engineering study for Virden branch. It was suggested BRL consult an architect first.
- Andrew Robert, MLA Director: received MLA newsletter
- Coordinator’s Report – October and November
Motion: To accept the Coordinator’s reports for October and November. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Old Business
- Quotes for door at Virden branch: there are two quotes for the door. Tabled. The coordinator also presented cost estimates for the McAuley branch sign.
- Population numbers for RMs: more up to date population figures are needed for the RMs of Wallace-Woodworth and Ellice-Archie for completing the budget for 2019.
- New Business
- Signing Authority: tabled to January.
- Regional Library Agreement: needs signatures.
- 2019 Meetings Schedule
- January Budget Meeting Date: tentatively scheduled for January 28, 2019
- List of Possible Capital Expenditures: tabled to January.
- Other – none
- Adjournment: M. Humphries adjourned the meeting at 7:12 pm. The Christmas Party followed.
Next meeting: Monday, January 14, 2019 at Elkhorn branch at 7:30 pm.