Border Regional Library Board Meeting
May 14, 2018, 7:30 pm
Present: Corinne Nesbitt, Tina Williams, Sandy Heaman, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Denise Mayo
Regrets: Melissa Pateman, Janice Barrate
- Call to Order: S. Heaman called the meeting to order at 7:36 pm.
- Adoption of Agenda
- Motion: To adopt the agenda as presented. C. Nesbitt, D. Byers. Carried.
- Minutes of April meeting
- Motion: To accept the minutes of the April 9, 2018 meeting as presented. D. Mayo, C. Nesbitt. Carried.
- Accounts Payable (April)
- Motion: To approve the accounts payable for April 2018, cheques numbered 1403A to 1437A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $27,134.61. D. Mayo, D. Byers. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations
- Correspondence – none
- Coordinator’s Report – attached.
- Motion: To accept the coordinator’s report as presented. C. Nesbitt, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Old Business
- Staff concernsMotion: To move back to the committee as a whole. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Motion: To move in-camera. C. Nesbitt, T. Williams. Carried.
- Revised Personnel Policy: The coordinator will review the policy changes with staff. The next policy to review is programming
- Motion: To approve the personnel policy as amended. C. Nesbitt, D. Byers. Carried.
- New Business
- 2017 Annual Circulation Report
- Annual Report: Some suggestions were given for adding stats on usage.
- 2018 BBQ & Book Sale: Sign-up Sheet for June 7-10. The BBQ is on Friday, June 8.
- Minimum Wage: The rate will change to $11.35 from $11.15 per hour in October 2018.
- Cost Quotations: A crash door will be on the capital expense list for councils and next year’s budget. One estimate for a 36 inch crash door was for $2791.95, including taxes. The coordinator will request 2 more cost estimates. She is also looking at fixing the wall in Virden branch, and the toilet in Elkhorn is an issue.
- Programming Report
- Other – none
- Adjournment: T. Williams adjourned the meeting at 9:16 pm.Next meeting: Monday, June 11, 2018 at McAuley branch at 7:30 pm.