Border Regional Library Board Meeting
February 12, 2018, 7:30 pm
Present: Corinne Nesbitt, Tina Williams, Sandy Heaman, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Melissa Pateman, Janice Barrate, Denise Mayo
- Call to Order: J. Barrate called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm
- Adoption of Agenda
- Motion: To adopt the agenda as amended. S. Heaman, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Minutes of January meeting Motion: To accept the minutes of the January 8, 2018 meeting as presented. B. Peers, T. Williams. Carried.
- Accounts Payable (January) Motion: To approve the accounts payable for January 2018, cheques numbered 1324A to 1342A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $19,892.25. S. Heaman, D. Byers. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations
- Budget 2018: The Board discussed the proposed budget for 2018 at some length, and there were some amendments. The Board decided to move $1000 from Books to Programs in an effort to increase the profile of the libraries and increase traffic. With a 1% (one percent) cost of living increase in salaries, as well as some other expense increases, the municipal levy will increase to $24.89.Motion: To accept the budget as amended, with salaries to increase by 1% effective January 1, 2018. M. Pateman, T. Williams. Carried.
- Virden Chamber of Commerce: Membership fees are $80.
- MLTA: January newsletter distributed by email.
- Coordinator’s Report – attached. Motion: To accept the coordinator’s report as presented. S. Heaman, M. Pateman. Carried.
- Old Business
- Manitoba Accessibility: tabled to next meeting.
- Personnel Policy: The Board suggested a few more changes, and the new policy will be presented at next meeting
- New Business
- Letterhead Change: Municipal amalgamation has necessitated a change in letterhead.
Motion: To accept the changes to the letterhead. M. Pateman, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Virden Cleaning Job: The position will be opened for competition and advertised as the current contract has expired.
- Other: S. Heaman informed the Board that Ontario libraries are open on Sunday.
- Adjournment: S. Heaman adjourned the meeting at 9:32 pm.Next meeting: Monday, May 14, 2018 at Virden branch at 7:30 pm.