Border Regional Library Board Meeting
February 11, 2019 7:30 pm
Present: Mark Humphries, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Janice Barrate, Denise Mayo
Regrets: Cheryl Kleemola, Denis Lachapelle, Karel Munchinski, Tina Williams
- Call to Order: M. Humphries called the meeting to order at 7:32 pm.
- Adoption of Agenda
- Motion: To adopt the agenda as presented.D. Byers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Minutes of January meeting
- Motion: To accept the minutes of the January 14, 2019 meeting as corrected. D. Mayo, B. Peers. Carried.
- Accounts Payable (January)
- Motion: To approve the accounts payable for January 2019, cheques numbered 1629A to 1649A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $16,054.64. J. Barrate, D. Byers. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations
- VISA statement: D. Mayo will check the monthly VISA statements.
- Budget 2019
- Motion: To approve the proposed budget for 2019. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- PLS Operating Grant Application: The coordinator needs the audited statement to complete the grant application.
- eLM Invoices: The amount is $800 Cdn, which is matched by PLS.
- Circles for Reconciliation: This group is a grassroots partnership between indigenous and non-indigenous people. They have provided posters and bookmarks. It was suggested information can also be posted on BRL’s website and Facebook page.
- Coordinator’s Report – attached.
- Motion: To accept the coordinator’s report as presented. D. Mayo, D. Byers. Carried.
- Old BusinessMotion: To accept the revised Accessibility Policy. B. Peers, J. Barrate. Carried.
- Accessibility Policy:
- Computer Inventory: tabled.
- Annual Circulation by Branch 2018
- Bank Accounts and Investments
- Other – Library Advisory Committee terms of reference are to be circulated via email.
- Adjournment: B. Peers adjourned the meeting at 9:15 pm.Next meeting: April 8, 2019 at Virden branch at 7:30 pm.