Border Regional Library Board Meeting
December 9, 2019 7:00 pm
Present: Travis Penner, Mark Humphries, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Denise Mayo, Denis Lachapelle, Janice Barrate
Regrets: Cheryl Kleemola
- Call to Order: M. Humphries called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
- Adoption of Agenda
- Motion: To adopt the agenda. D. Byers, J. Barrate. Carried.
- Minutes of October meeting
- Motion: To accept the minutes of the October 21, 2019 meeting. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Accounts Payable (October, November)
- Motion: To approve the accounts payable for October 2019, cheques numbered 1881A to 1915A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $25,369.09; and for November 2019, cheques numbered 1916A to 1941A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $20,141.29. D. Mayo, B. Peers. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations
- August and September VISA statements
- WCB Annual Rate Statement
- Term #110490979017
- Motion: To re-invest the term at 2.3% for a two year term. D. Mayo, J. Barrate. Carried.
- Virden Area Foundation: BRL received a donation from the Book Committee.
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance: Received a refund.
- Disabilities Office
- Town of Virden: appointment of Travis Penner to the BRL Board.
- Term #110491480742
- Motion: To re-invest the term amount plus the Welch donation once it is received in a one year fixed term. J. Barrate, D. Byers. Carried.
- Coordinator’s Report – attached.
- Motion: To accept the coordinator’s report as presented. D. Mayo, B. Peers. Carried.
- Committee Reports:
- Joint meeting RM Wallace-Woodworth and Town of Virden: M. Humphries reported on the municipal employees program – pension benefits. M.A. Lamy will get further information.
- Library Advisory Committee: J. Barrate reported that it was hard to get people together for a meeting.
- Job Descriptions: tabled.
- Job Applications (5): Two candidates are currently studying library sciences. The Personnel/Hiring Committee will arrange to interview these two candidates.
- Motion: To offer a temporary 4 month term position with a salary increase in the range of $16.31 to $17.31 beginning January 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020 to Heather Hawryluk. T. Penner, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Old Business
- BRL Investments: M.A. Lamy distributed a list of investments.
- Repairs/Renovations to Virden branch basement: Mark reported work on the basement should begin soon.
- Elkhorn branch back door: M.A. Lamy is getting two more cost quotations.
- 2020 Salary Projections: The Board reviewed the salary grid and costs for increases, and agreed to pursue the $2 above minimum wage increase with councils. This increase would mean an additional $5331 increase in the 2020 budget, assuming we held the line on other budget items.
- New Business: none
- Other: none
- Adjournment: B. Peers adjourned the meeting at 9:05 pm.Next meeting: January 6, 2019 at Virden branch at 7:30 pm.