Border Regional Library Board Meeting
June 11, 2018, 7:30 pm
Present: Corinne Nesbitt, Tina Williams, Sandy Heaman, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Denise Mayo, Melissa Pateman, Janice Barrate
- Call to Order: J. Barrate called the meeting to order at 7:33 pm.
- Adoption of Agenda
Motion: To adopt the agenda as presented. C. Nesbitt, S. Heaman. Carried.
- Minutes of April meeting
Motion: To accept the minutes of the May 14, 2018 meeting as presented. S. Heaman, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Accounts Payable (May)
Motion: To approve the accounts payable for May 2018, cheques numbered 1438A to 1457A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $21,265.99. D. Mayo, D. Byers. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations
- UBC Press: book donation
- Minister of Sport, Culture & Heritage: full amount of operating grant received.
- Sunrise Credit Union: two term deposits maturing in July.
- RBC: staff again assisted with the book sale and donated $1000.
- Prairie Mountain Health: thank you for hosting free tax service.
- Coordinator’s Report – attached.
Motion: To accept the coordinator’s report as presented. T. Williams, C. Nesbitt. Carried.
- Old Business
- Staff concernsMotion: To move back to the committee as a whole. S. Heaman, C. Nesbitt. Carried.
- Motion: To move in-camera. S. Heaman, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Book Sale and Barbeque Financial Report: It was suggested that we try Thursday, Friday and Saturday next year, as well as have staff handle book sales on Saturday afternoon as there hasn’t been much traffic then.
- Programming Policy:
- Motion: To approve the programming policy as amended. S. Heaman, C. Nesbitt. Carried.
- Internet Use Policy: M.A. Lamy will do some research and present another version in September.
- New Business
- MLA Conference Reports: J. Barrate will email us her report but gave the Board a brief synopsis of the sessions attended. There is a session that could be presented to the Board.
- Other – Mileage rate
Motion: To pay the same mileage rate and per diem as the MGEU rates to staff and Board members. T. Williams, S. Heaman. Carried.
- Adjournment: S. Heaman adjourned the meeting at 10:00 pm.
Next meeting: Monday, September 10, 2018 at Virden branch at 7:30 pm.