Border Regional Library Board Meeting
February 10, 2020, 7:30 pm Elkhorn Branch
Present: Cheryl Kleemola, Mark Humphries, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Denise Mayo, Denis Lachapelle, Janice Barrate, Tina Williams (alternate)
Regrets: Travis Penner
- Call to Order: M. Humphries called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Adoption of Agenda
- Motion: To adopt the agenda as presented. D. Lachapelle, B. Peers. Carried.
- Minutes of January 2020 meeting
- Motion: To accept the minutes of the January 6, 2020 meeting. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Accounts Payable
- Motion: To approve the accounts payable for January 2020, cheques numbered 1974A to 2006A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $15,889.74.D. Mayo, J. Barrate. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations
- VISA statement
- Budget 2020
- Motion: To accept the proposed 2020 budget which includes an approximate 13% increase in salaries to become effective June 1, 2020. J. Barrate, D. Byers. Carried.
- Alternate Budgets 2020: This package is to be sent to those Board members who are councillors.
- 2020 Manitoba Libraries Conference: To be held in Winnipeg April 6-7. There is some subsidy available for costs.
- Motion: To send one Board member to the 2020 Manitoba Libraries Conference in Winnipeg and pay associated costs, minus available subsidies. T. Williams, D. Lachapelle. Carried.
- Canada Summer Jobs 2020: M. A. Lamy advised she will be applying for the Summer Reading Program position.
- Manitoba Library Association News: forwarded via email.
- RM of Wallace-Woodworth: newsletter
- Coordinator’s Report – attached.
- Motion: To accept the coordinator’s report as presented. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Old Business: none
- New Business:
- Annual Circulation by Branch: M.A. Lamy presented circulation stats for the year. There were increases in usage noted. The Board requested some further detail so there could be a better understanding of specific areas of library use. For example, the Board requested a breakdown of computer bookings with WiFi separate. There was concern that use of e-books could be down because of the wait lists
- April meeting: There may be an April meeting if the auditor has the 2019 books completed.
- M.A. Lamy is concerned about using the basement in its current state, or if it is under renovation, for the Summer Reading Program this summer.
- Adjournment: B. Peers adjourned the meeting at 8:58 pm.Next meeting: Next scheduled meeting is on Monday, May 11th at Virden Branch at 7:30 p.m.
- Secretary Chairperson
- Approved on this date: