Border Regional Library Board Meeting
August 26, 2019 7:30 pm
Present: Karel Munchinski, Mark Humphries, Cheryl Kleemola, Mary Anne Lamy, Darlene Byers, Beth Peers, Denise Mayo
Regrets: Tina Williams, Denis Lachapelle, Janice Barrate
- Call to Order: M. Humphries called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Adoption of Agenda
- Motion: To adopt the agenda with additions. B. Peers, D. Byers. Carried.
- Minutes of June meeting
- Motion: To accept the minutes of the June 10, 2019 meeting. C. Kleemola, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Accounts Payable (June, July)
- Motion: To approve the accounts payable for June 2019, cheques numbered 1758A to 1787A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $21,185.49; and for July 2019, cheques numbered 1788A to 1821A, auto debits and payroll direct deposit totaling $24,290.59. . B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Financial Report – for information
- Sign CAFT reports and all reconciliations
- June and July VISA statements
- RM of Ellice-Archie: The utility rate is increasing.
- MB Sports, Culture & Heritage: There are no changes for public libraries related to the Public Disclosure Act.
- MB Sports, Culture & Heritage: Operating funds have been received.
- Town of Virden: There is a public hearing on cannabis scheduled.
- HUB: New group insurance was started August 1, 2019.
- Coordinator’s Report – attached.
- Motion: To accept the coordinator’s report as presented. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Committee Reports: none
- Motion: To move in-camera. B. Peers, C. Kleemola. Carried.
Motion: To move back to committee as a whole. B. Peers, D. Mayo. Carried.
- Old Business
- Renovations/Repairs to Virden Branch
Motion: To request the Town of Virden and the RM of Wallace Woodworth to undertake whatever repairs are necessary to fix the drainage issue at the Virden branch this fall of 2019. B. Peers, C. Kleemola. Carried.
- New Business
- Fire Inspection Report and Actions Taken: M.A. Lamy presented the fire inspection report and summarized the actions taken to correct any issues that were identified.
- Letters to Candidates: The Board asked M.A. Lamy to send a letter to each of the candidates in the Riding Mountain Riding for the provincial election. The letter was to ask them their position on supporting public libraries.
- Adjournment: B. Peers adjourned the meeting at 8:50 pm.Next meeting: October 21, 2019 at Elkhorn branch at 7:30 pm.